Sunday, August 21, 2011

Yep it's been awhile...

Well we have had a crazy few weeks. I'm hanging in there as best as I can, unfortunately the pain is becoming almost overwhelming. I am so ready for next week... One more week to go... The count down has really begun!

School starts tomorrow, I can hardly believe Ricky is going into Middle School. Where did the time go??? Shouldn't he still be a little man running up and holding on to my legs. Instead he is now as tall as me, getting acne and starting those lovely teen years. YIKES!!!!

Rick and I have moved the young boy, that I had written about, in with our family. Hunter is now living with us and potentially this will be anywhere from 3 months to 6 months. We have spent a lot of time praying and feel we need to do what is best for Hunter. At this time we both feel that is living with us. Hunter's father is going back to jail, he will need to stay in jail until a hearing is set and then will get a sentence that could be as long as 6 months. Please pray with us, pray we are doing right by Hunter. We want so much to help this young man and give him love and encouragement.

We set Hunter up in his own room today. Hunter's Grandma has been great, she isn't living in Gainesville any longer but stopped by to take him school clothes shopping. She has been to our house 3 times today and cried each time she's been here. I really hope this means we are doing right by him. She hugged me so tight today, I know she appreciates what we are doing for him. My heart breaks for her, you can see the stress and strain her son has caused with his life, to her. Hopefully this will help put her mind at ease too.

Crazy week coming our way. School starts, I have pre-op appointments and I am working the Shands Radiothon this week from 6am to 9am. So all of you in the area be listening to 98.5 KTK on Thursday and Friday to support the CMN Radiothon!!!

Have a blessed week...

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you are still feeling so bad ... it won't be long now till you are on the road to feeling MUCH better!!!! I will continue to pray that the surgery goes well AND that you have a fast recovery!!

    I will be praying that the transition with Hunter moving in goes well ... y'all are to be commended for what you are doing!!!!

    I will try to pop down and see you Thursday or Friday morning ...

    Love YA!!

    ReplyDelete