Monday, June 6, 2011

What a week!

It has been a crazy, emotional, wonderful couple of weeks. Last week was so amazing with the joy of our son being baptized. I still can't put into words how amazing that was for us. Ricky took his first communion yesterday. He was so serious and did a really great job focusing on the Lord and keeping his mind where it needed to be. We are so very proud!

Last Tuesday night while eating, of all things a Taco Bell mexican pizza my tooth broke in half. UGH, yes half!! I promptly went to my dentist Dr. Von Gunten who I love, thank goodness. He informed me that because this tooth had been filled with a porcelain inlay it had settled and expanded. Of course there was some more decay; this caused the tooth to split. Okay no problem right, just need a crown. I am very familiar with this process it will be fine.

The kick in the teeth.... Because it was a porcelain inlay the insurance company considers that a serious repair and like having a crown. They will not pay to fix the tooth. Well great, who has a $1000 just laying around to crown your tooth. It had to be done, it was sensitive and was only going to get worse. Thankfully my dentist being the awesome guy he is cut me a deal and then got me financing for 0% for 12 months. Thankfully I only ended up spending $842, that seems like a stupid sentence! Nearly 3 hours later I walked out with my new temporary crown and scheduled to go back in 3 weeks to get my permanent crown. It was just not how I wanted the week to go.

We have had good reports on Dan, the father of the child who want's to live with us. He has had his tumor removed, there was a serious fear it would become malignant. I ask that you pray for him, because of his history he can not take pain medication. He is just taking Tylenol, they cut into his back and he can only have Tylenol. I felt so bad for him when I talked to him the other night. He is doing better. Rick and I do not think that his son will need to live with us, however we are going to continue to be here to give guideance and be of help to them.

Ricky is graduating from the 5th grade tomorrow. Wow I can hardly beleive that as of tomorrow I will be the mother of a middle school student. These 6 years of elementary have passed so quickly. There is a big celebration tomorrow at school. Ricky will then go spend some time for the day with a few friends and then off to Grammy and Pappa's.

All of our friend's laugh but when the summer comes, Ricky goes. He get's to spend time with family and friends. He will also have North Florida Bible Camp in July. He has a busy summer ahead of him, again this year.

1 comment:

  1. Continuing to pray. I hate that happened with your tooth. Call us if need anything. LUV U!

    ReplyDelete